Asean refuses to make Pakistan full dialogue partner
Asean has again refused to grant Pakistan a full dialogue partner citing the lack of benefits to the grouping. An informed source closed to the senior official meeting Friday told The Nation that half of the old members, except Singapore, backed Pakistan's full dialogue partner saying that the country has been with Asean long enough since 1992.
India, which joined Asean as a sectoral partner at the same as Pakistan, was a full dialogue partner in 1995.
Singapore said Pakistan's full dialogue... read more
Most read news
- 16:11 Parasailers Expand to Surin as Fate of Phuket Jet-Skis, Speedboats...
- 15:07 Sharky Likes Pattaya Just the Way It Is Thanks, Thailand
- 13:46 Thailand Faces Protests in Cities Across Europe, US Over Criminal...
- 11:05 Phuket Patrol Raids 'Private' Beach Over Sunbeds: Public Access a...
- 09:16 Holiday Couple Fight Off Knife Wielding Phuket Bag Snatch Teenagers