Asean refuses to make Pakistan full dialogue partner
Asean has again refused to grant Pakistan a full dialogue partner citing the lack of benefits to the grouping. An informed source closed to the senior official meeting Friday told The Nation that half of the old members, except Singapore, backed Pakistan's full dialogue partner saying that the country has been with Asean long enough since 1992.
India, which joined Asean as a sectoral partner at the same as Pakistan, was a full dialogue partner in 1995.
Singapore said Pakistan's full dialogue... read more
Most read news
- 12:14 Shocking Rape Video Provides First Visual Evidence of Trafficking...
- 10:51 Phuket Tiger Attack: Big Cats Enclosure Shuts at Tiger Kingdom...
- 08:07 Phuket City From the Air: Island Gains a New Tourist Attraction
- 08:01 Why Festering Hatred Drives Rohingya to Sail with Traffickers for...
- 06:38 PhuketWATCH Gunman Shot Near Canadian PM; Thai Boat Aid Kidnappers;...