Englishman commits suicide in Phuket hotel
PHUKET: An Englishman found dead in his Patong hotel room yesterday morning apparently died from an overdose of prescription drugs.
Police are treating the case as suicide.
Kathu Police duty officer Jongserm Preecha identified the deceased as Brian Bibby, a 57-year-old originally from Wigan in the UK.
Staff at The Gallery hotel on Soi Jintana in Patong reported the death to Kathu Police at 10am yesterday.
Maj Jongserm said a suicide note and a large quantity of prescription medicine found... read more
Most read news
- 19:11 Phuket Navy Commander Promoted to Admiral, Leaving Phuket
- 19:11 Thai Military Must End Crackdown on Academic Seminars, Says Rights...
- 16:43 Thailand Tourists Murders: Police Withdraw FBI Idea as PM Writes to...
- 15:15 Ex Phuket Governor Wichai Named in Probe Into Phuket Park Encroachment
- 13:20 Eight Ways for Phuket's New Leaders to Make the Island a Better Place